The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) has partnered with the Presidency (through the Presidential Youth Employment Intervention) to launch SA Youth, a national network offering young South Africans free access to learning and earning opportunities.
The NYDA will be collaborating with Harambee Youth Employment Accelerator, key government departments, the private sector, and civil society to launch SA Youth.
SA Youth allows young people free access to online work-seeker support resources, including:
- hustling resources
- preparation for the world of work
- learnership, volunteering and further studies resources
- wellness and selfcare support
Young people can apply for safe and trusted job, volunteer, learnership, bursary and work experience opportunities in their area on the mobi-site. Young people can also update their contact details and employment status on their SA Youth profile.
Tell me more about SA Youth:
- Joining the network is 100% free. A young person will never be asked to pay money to be part of the network and access any of its features or benefits.
- The mobi-site, https://sayouth.datafree.co is also 100% data free. This means that young people do not need to have data on their phone, laptop or tablet in order to access any of the SA Youth resources.
- They also have access to a toll-free support line (0800 727272) should they need any assistance, support or advice.
- Anyone aged between 15 – 34 years can join the network
- They need to be South African or provide a Refugee ID number to register
- The SA Youth mobi-site is live and available for young people to use immediately. The Presidency will soon officially launch the network nationally.
The SA Youth mobi-site is live and available for young people to use immediately. The Presidency will soon officially launch the network nationally.
How to be part of the SA Youth network:
1. Visit https://sayouth.datafree.co/p/nyda
2. Enter your ID number – if your ID already exists on the system, you may have registered with SA Youth or Harambee or Tshepo 1Million before. Please go back to click on Login and use your ID number and existing password.
3. Once you have registered and accepted the T&Cs, please complete all questions. This process will take you about 4 minutes.
4. After completing all questions, various opportunities available near you will be displayed. Please click on an opportunity you are interested and and apply.
5. Click on the profile icon to add any more information such as educational qualifications and/or work experience.