Name of Position: Intern, Frontline Assistants
Total Number of Positions Vacant: 200
Location and number of Sites: Local Youth Offices: Gauteng X21, Northern Cape X6, Free State X5, KZN X17, Eastern Cape X4, Western Cape X3, Mpumalanga X46, Limpopo X5, North West X5, NYDA Branches X 15 and Head Office (YAC)
Reporting to: IGR Officer
Employment: 12 months contract
To provide information, guidance and support to young people in making informed decisions. To offer guidance and clear directions in terms of career of business related issues. To have the knowledge where to find the right information and to be accurate in the advice provided. To be able to assist with basic counselling and give general understanding if the situation requires it. Have a well-grounded knowledge of the environment and the supply and demand chain.
Job Description Downloadable Here
Provide information to young people on all NYDA products and services
Provide information across all five main information streams: Employment, self-employment, education and training, health and wellbeing and citizenship
- Have a well-grounded general knowledge of any aspects involving youth livelihood
- Organize and conduct information dissemination through outreach activities where necessary, handle walk-ins appropriately
- Assess and input applications/documents in the relevant database (JOBS)
- Conduct assessments on young people and perform case management and do proper referrals
- Generate accurate reports of all the clients you have attended to and indicate the course of action you took
- Screen and provide advice on all applications to be processed by the Program Managers/ Officers
- Assist young people needing help e.g. at reception point, resource Centre, internet etc.
- Manage the internet resources appropriately e.g. 30 minutes per client if there is a long waiting list
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Knowledge of referral networks
- Government services and processes
- Basic knowledge of general counselling
- Ability to perform case management
- Communication Skills
- Attention to detail
- Decision-making Skills
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Presentation Skills
- MS Office competent
Required documents and conditions
- Applicants should be between the age of 18 and 35;
- NYDA Application Form for Employment
- Recently updated Curriculum Vitae;
- Original certified copies of learner IDs not older than 3 months;
- Original certified copies of statement of qualification (NQF Level 5 or higher) not older than 3 months;
- Medical proof of disability of learners, if applicable and
- Preference will be given to Young People with Disabilities.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Applications can be emailed to the following email address:
Please quote the following reference number for the province and/or location that you applying for:
Gauteng – 001; Northern Province – 002; Free State – 003, KwaZulu Natal – 004; Eastern Cape – 005; Western Cape – 006; Mpumalanga – 007; Limpopo – 008, North West – 009; Head Office – 010; NYDA Branches – 011
Or hand deliver at NYDA offices at
11 Broadwalk Avenue
For the attention of Recruitment4
Closing date: Tuesday, 16 February 2016 by close of business
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within one (1) month of the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
The NYDA reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.